At AEO, we believe that taking care of our associates and customers also means taking care of the communities where they live and work. AEO and the AEO Foundation are proud to announce the following the following contributions:
- $50,000 to the City of Ottawa, KS to provide assistance to local businesses and not-for-profits.
- $50,000 to the Hazleton Revitalization Fund in Hazleton, PA to provide support to local medical centers, businesses and not-for-profits.
- $25,000 to Mississauga, Ontario’s Trillium Hospital Foundation and the Mississauga Food Bank.
Our AEO associates in Ottawa and Hazleton have also delivered nearly 60,000 masks, in total, to their communities’ first responders and public health professionals. These donations have been especially critical, as public health workers continue to have limited supplies. Additionally, in Ottawa, AEO has partnered with local restaurants to provide more than $100,000 in meals to AEO associates and their families. In the spirit of giving back, many Ottawa associates have donated their meals to first responders and human services organizations within the community.
Managing through this crisis with the highest health and safety measures is our top priority, while also helping to support the local economy and preserve jobs.
To support the health and well-being of our distribution center associates, AEO is committed to the following initiatives:
- AEO is diligently following all federal and state COVID-19 guidelines;
- Implemented enhanced cleaning and sanitization activities; social distancing protocols; staggered work schedules; and onsite nurses and temperature scanning at all Distribution Centers;
- Extra recognition and bonus pay for all Distribution Center associates;
- Providing meals and assistance to help associates with food and supplies in Distribution Center communities in Hazleton, PA, Ottawa, KS and Mississauga, Ontario.
- Covering 100 percent of all medical costs related to COVID-19 for associates enrolled in AEO medical insurance plans from March 30, 2020 to May 31, 2020. Coverage includes, but is not limited to, office visits at PCP, Urgent Care or Emergency Room, Telehealth visits related to COVID-19, and the COVID-19 diagnostic test, prescribed and administered by a doctor;
- Covering 100 percent of all Telehealth visits for all associates and dependents enrolled in AEO’s medical insurance.
Our distribution center communities are the lifeblood of our company and we continue to be inspired by the passion and dedication of our associates. These contributions highlight that at the very core of AEO is a strong corporate purpose built on doing the right thing and standing together during challenging times. For more information about AEO’s continued support of its associates and communities, please learn more about our COVID-19 response here.
We’re in this together.