Our purpose is to show the world that there is REAL power in the optimism of youth. We believe in people, integrity, passion, innovation and teamwork. We recruit the best and brightest and are dedicated to providing opportunities for our future retail leaders.
Each year we visit colleges and universities across the country to recruit college sophomores, rising seniors and recent grads to join AEO and learn what it takes to design, create, market and sell your favorite American Eagle and Aerie products.
- Learn about the company and culture through a 2-day experience (unpaid), including classes, 1-on-1 job shadowing, and participation in hands on projects
- Gain advice and insight on the application and hiring process for the Internship and full-time Teammate training program
- Participation does not create an employment relationship with AEO
- Travel costs (transportation, accommodations, meals) are paid for by AEO
- Search open opportunities.
Full-time Teammate Training Program
- 16-week paid intensive training program and onboarding that prepares participants to join the Merchandising or Inventory Planning teams
- Actively engage with the business, product assortments and inventory channels that supply merchandise to more than 1,000 stores worldwide
- Classroom learning includes: retail math, reports, systems training, imports, department overviews, career path, presentation skills, trend/competitive shopping and product development
- Exposure to wide variety of business areas to build foundational understanding of retail at AEO
- Mentorship and executive engagement are fundamental to this broad-based training program
- Developmental support to foster growth and support the transition into Merchandising & Inventory Planning roles
Corporate Internship Program
- 10-week paid summer internship program for undergraduate or graduate level students (anticipated graduation must be within one year of program completion)
- Opportunity to work alongside a mentor, while participating in classes and projects to apply knowledge and grow skills specific to area of study
- Learn from executives across the company and gain insights into AEO’s business and strategies
- Students who successfully complete the Internship program have the potential to receive an offer for the Teammate training program, upon graduation