Brand that set the industry standard for no retouching and body positivity introduces the evolution of the #AerieREAL movement by bringing happiness to the social media scroll
NEW YORK – (BUSINESS WIRE) – American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE: AEO) announced today the evolution of #AerieREAL focused on sharing positive messages across feeds to help create a safe and happy place for content consumption–extinguishing the negative impact of social media. Building upon the brand’s values of power, positivity and no retouching, Aerie is amplifying its mission and expanding its community by tapping into new influential voices also rooted in positivity: Alisha Boe, Carlacia Grant Erika Priscilla and Elyse Myers, long-term brand partners, Aly Raisman, Hannah Schlenker and Kelsea Ballerini, Aerie’s Changemakers, and brand ambassadors.
Aerie creates products that make you feel good, and this spring will further its commitment of self-acceptance and well-being through a series of PSAs (Positive Scrolling Always), a dedicated TikTok Hashtag Challenge and the creation of The Happy Spot—a spring break event held tomorrow in Miami with a special performance by Kelsea Ballerini of her exclusive Aerie song, Keepin’ It Real.
“The #AerieREAL movement revolutionized the industry, bringing inclusivity to the forefront and empowering young women to love their REAL selves inside and out. As we build on the strength of Aerie, we are committed to helping our community find their happy and prioritize positivity,” said Jennifer Foyle, President – Executive Creative Director, AE & Aerie. “We know that social media can have a negative impact, which is why we are creating a safe and happy space that fosters healthy conversations and cultivates a positive social scroll for our Aerie community.”
Aerie was one of the first in the industry to redefine the standard of beauty in 2014 by encouraging young women to love their bodies and by showcasing REAL people in unretouched photos. This spring, the brand will approach the next benchmark of its #AerieREAL movement, calling on its partners, ambassadors, influencers and community to help roll out a series of REAL initiatives:
- Spring is kicking off with a series of evergreen PSAs, #AerieREAL PSA (Positive Scrolling Always), across Aerie’s social media channels with brand partners sharing authentic, positive, unfiltered advice on how to control your time on social media, the importance of paying it forward and focusing on one’s own mental health.
- As one of the first brands to launch a dedicated and successful TikTok hashtag challenge in 2020, Aerie will once again take to the social media platform, using AR technology, to ask its community to find their happy and flood the feed with positivity and REAL by taking a moment to share an inspirational note with friends through the #AerieREAL Challenge starting , March 16. The challenge is set to the debut of Kelsea’s exclusive Aerie song, Keepin’ It Real, which the singer-songwriter wrote to inspire the Aerie community to love and let their REAL selves shine.
- IRL connections will continue once again as the brand reinforces positivity, happiness and commitment to community with The Happy Spot — a one-day pool party taking place in Miami o March 16. This event offers the brand’s community a chance to reconnect and meet Aly, Kelsea, Hannah, Alisha, and Carlacia. Kelsea will share a very special performance of her exclusive Aerie song, Keepin’ It Real. The event will also be shared across social in celebration of the #AerieREAL PSAs and TikTok hashtag challenge kick off. All ticket proceeds will go to Miami-based non-profit organization, Style Saves.
Aerie’s commitment to offering products that make people feel happy and good continues into the Spring 2022 collection with highlights inclusive of:
- An expanded REAL GOOD collection featuring an update to the #1 bra, Sunnie Bra, now made with recycled fibers, as well as 300 styles (70% of the swim collection) made with sustainable materials in longline silhouettes, mix and match bikinis, bandeau one pieces and asymmetrical cut outs.
- Flares are kicking it up a notch with the TikTok famous OFFL/NE Real Me Crossover Super Flare, seriously comfy OTT Rollover Flare, buttery soft Groove-On Velour Flare and cozy Kick It Super Flare.
- As Aerie builds on the momentum of its viral best selling Real Me Crossover Leggings, the brand is delivering Activewear focused on leggings and sports bras in signature fabrications. It’s all in the pretty deets with lightweight Real Me Xtra Crossover Ruffle Leggings, smooth and slick Goals Scallop Leggings, as well as the all new OG groove and rib seamless fabrications in bike shorts.
For more information on Aerie’s Spring 2022 initiatives including details on attending The Happy Spot, head over to #AerieREAL Life.
Aerie is a lifestyle brand that offers the comfiest intimates, apparel, swim, and accessories made to wear in and out. Aerie’s sub-brand, OFFLINE by Aerie, offers activewear made for REAL life movement. #AerieREAL inspires all people to love their real selves and celebrates its community by advocating for power, positivity, and no retouching. Let the Real You Shine®. Visit www.Aerie.com to learn more.
About American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE: AEO) is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality, on-trend clothing, accessories and personal care products at affordable prices under its American Eagle® and Aerie® brands. Our purpose is to show the world that there’s REAL power in the optimism of youth. The company operates stores in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Hong Kong, and ships to 81 countries worldwide through its websites. American Eagle and Aerie merchandise also is available at more than 200 international locations operated by licensees in 25 countries. For more information, please visit www.aeo-inc.com.