- Foundation awards its first grant, of $100,000, to the National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) as the title sponsor of its Campus Warriors program
- Aerie also partners with mental fitness platform Wondermind to build confidence and promote mental well-being among the Aerie and Wondermind communities
PITTSBURGH – October 11, 2022 – Building on Aerie’s strong history of supporting causes that are important to its customers and communities, and in celebration of International Day of the Girl, American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE: AEO) and Aerie today announce the launch of the Aerie Real Foundation. The foundation’s mission is to build confidence in women, foster an inclusive community and protect our planet to make the world a better place for all. By formalizing Aerie’s philanthropic efforts and expanding on the brand’s decades-long history of donating to national nonprofit organizations, the Aerie Real Foundation is investing in making the world a more positive place by providing grants for regional programs and offering educational opportunities to bring local communities together.
“We’re thrilled to launch the Aerie Real Foundation, galvanizing our long-standing philanthropic initiatives as we continue the evolution of AerieREAL – a body confidence movement nearly 10 years in the making that encourages women to love their real selves,” said Jennifer Foyle, President, Executive Creative Director, AE and Aerie. “Aerie is built on the power of positivity, confidence and inclusivity, and we are incredibly excited to further our mission by providing organizations with the resources they need to make a lasting impact in their communities. The Aerie Real Foundation formalizes how we give back to, and inspire, people everywhere to help us leave this world a better place for our children and future generations.”
How the Aerie Real Foundation Is Giving Back to its Customers and Communities
- The National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) is a long-established partner of Aerie and will be the first recipient of an Aerie Real Change Signature Grant, receiving $100,000 to fund its Campus Warriors program on more than 70 college campuses across the country during the 2022–2023 school year. Support from the Aerie Real Foundation will assist the program in enhancing the Body Project Experience initiative by providing training for warriors to facilitate these life-changing workshops on their campuses.
- Two additional $100,000 grantees will be announced for holiday 2022 and spring 2023.
- Starting November 2 through November 13, Aerie will donate $2 for every transaction made using an Aerie credit card to the Aerie Real Foundation, up to $100,000.
- In an effort to make a huge impact in local communities, the Aerie Real Foundation will soon begin issuing Aerie Real Change Community Grants of up to $10,000 each to grassroots programs whose missions align with the foundation’s pillars: confidence, inclusion and sustainability. Nonprofits can visit www.aerierealfoundation.org to apply for a grant.
- Aerie is also partnering with Wondermind, a new mental fitness platform, to build confidence and mental well-being among members of both the Aerie and Wondermind communities. Today, in celebration of International Day of the Girl, the two organizations are hosting a “REAL Talk” event at the Aerie Soho store in New York City, where Wondermind Co-Founder and Co-CEO Daniella Pierson will interview a panel of influential women. The Aerie x Wondermind partnership will also see the creation of a content series called “Mind, Body, REAL Talk” that will include newsletters, interviews with featured guests, such as gold medal gymnast and Aerie partner Aly Raisman, and mental health tools and resources.
The launch of the Aerie Real Foundation follows the recent release of AEO’s Building a Better World ESG report detailing the company’s achievements and ongoing commitments across its Planet, People and Practices initiatives. Since 2012, AEO and its customers have donated more than $46 million to charitable organizations championing mental health, youth empowerment, education and the environment.
Aerie is a lifestyle brand that offers the comﬁest intimates, apparel, swim, and accessories made to wear in and out. Aerie’s sub-brand, OFFLINE by Aerie, offers activewear made for REAL life movement. #AerieREAL inspires all people to love their real selves and celebrates its community by advocating for power, positivity, and no retouching. Let the Real You Shine®. Visit www.aerie.com to learn more.
About American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE: AEO) is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality, on-trend clothing, accessories and personal care products at affordable prices under its American Eagle® and Aerie® brands. Our purpose is to show the world that there’s REAL power in the optimism of youth. The company operates stores in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Hong Kong, and ships to 81 countries worldwide through its websites. American Eagle and Aerie merchandise also is available at more than 270 international locations operated by licensees in 25 countries. In 2022, AEO released its first annual Building a Better World ESG report, which outlines two decades of ESG achievements through the company’s Planet, People and Practices initiatives.
For more information, please visit www.aeo-inc.com.