Brand Listens to What Its Customers Want, Introduces Extended Sizing and New Styles
NEW YORK – (Business Wire) – American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE: AEO) announced today that the American Eagle (AE) brand will debut a collaboration with Grammy® Award-winning and multi-platinum selling hip hop music superstar, Lil Wayne, with the launch of the AE x Young Money collection. The brand introduces the partnership as part of its Fall ’19 Campaign, which merges jeans, streetwear, youth culture and music. This season, the brand will also lead with its most innovative assortment of jeans including the Curvy, AirFlex and Stacked fits, and the expansion of sizing within its jean’s assortment.
“American Eagle is the authority in jeans innovation, quality, fit and value, and we are excited to launch even more fit offerings and expanded sizes across all stores and online. AE is unleashing the power of inclusivity, and we’re throwing a party this back-school-season for everybody,” commented Chad Kessler, American Eagle Global Brand President. “Our collaboration with Lil Wayne and the AE x Young Money collection has brought together a diverse cast of creatives who are expressing themselves through music, dance, skateboarding and live performances, while highlighting the true comfort and flexibility of AE jeans.”
- American Eagle tapped music icon Lil Wayne to co-create the AE x Young Money collection. The 25-piece men’s clothing and accessories assortment features Young Money graphics and includes AE’s signature Stacked jeans, hoodies, t-shirts, shorts, boxers, socks, hats and more. The collection officially drops in-store and online on August 10, 2019 and ranges in price from $8 to $100. Loyal fans can be the first to shop the collection by signing up here: ae.com/youngmoney.
- “I define my own style, on my own terms, and created a collection with American Eagle that is unapologetically me,” said Lil Wayne. “The AE x Young Money collection brings together music and fashion, two of the most powerful forms of self-expression that have allowed me to always live my truth.”
- The Fall ’19 storyline and imagery stays true to the #AExME brand platform, celebrating freedom, inclusion, empowerment and difference. Set in a gymnasium to the theme of homecoming, the campaign imagery was shot by Mayan Toledano. The campaign video created by cinematographer, Mathieu Plainfossé, celebrates individuality as the brand’s cast of Gen Z creatives express themselves through dance and a live performance of Lil Wayne rapping his hit single “Uproar.”
Innovation in Jeans
- American Eagle’s fall collection delivers an unrivaled assortment of jeans designed to give customers three fresh and innovative fits and styles. The newly launched Curvy jean collection, available in 12 new washes, gives a little more space in the thigh and hip to hug her curves and eliminate waistband gap with the new hip-to-waist ratio. AirFlex utilizes air in the yarn spinning to make the fabric softer; and Stacked features a longer inseam that stacks at the ankle to show off his shoes.
- Dedicated to offering customers the best fitting jeans, American Eagle is expanding its jean sizing for all styles in stores and online with the women’s collection now ranging from 00 to 24 and the men’s from 26 to 48. This fall, AE will introduce size 4, 8 and 16 mannequins in- stores nationwide that represent the diversity of its product ranges.
# # #
About American Eagle
Since 1977, American Eagle has offered an assortment of specialty apparel and accessories for men and women that enables self-expression and empowers our customers to celebrate their individuality. The brand has broadened its leadership in jeans by producing innovative fabric with options for all styles and fits for all at a value. We aren’t just passionate about making great clothing, we’re passionate about making real connections with the people who wear them. Visit www.ae.com to find your perfect pair of #AEJeans.
About American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE: AEO) is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality, on-trend clothing, accessories and personal care products at affordable prices under its American Eagle® and Aerie® brands. The company operates more than 1,000 stores in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Hong Kong, and ships to 81 countries worldwide through its websites. American Eagle and Aerie merchandise also is available at more than 200 international locations operated by licensees in 25 countries. For more information, please visit www.aeo-inc.com.
Follow along @americaneagle, #AExME and #AExYoungMoney.