At AEO, we believe we have a responsibility to do better, to be better and to build a better world. We are committed to showing the world that there’s REAL power in the optimism of youth by supporting causes that empower youth and by rolling up our sleeves to make a REAL difference in our communities. Throughout the month of November and December, American Eagle, Aerie and AEO Associates are honored to have done their small part to build a better world through various campaigns, donations and volunteer events.
AE & Aerie Partner with Feeding America
Due to the impact of COVID-19, 50 million Americans are food insecure this year, an increase of more than 35% over last year. Through our Partnership with Feeding America, the nation’s largest hunger relief organization, AE & Aerie are fighting to end hunger.
- In November, Aerie honored World Kindness day by collecting donations for Feeding America and was able to raise enough money to provide 2,146,255 meals for those in need.
- On Giving Tuesday, AE & Aerie launched a co-branded campaign to support Feeding America. The brands donated $1 for every Real Rewards transaction made online and in store (a $1 donation equates to 10 meals provided).
- Additionally, on Giving Tuesday, AE encouraged its Instagram followers to “like for good”. The brand committed to donating 10 meals to Feeding America for every “like” this photo received!
AEO Associates Donate Food & Clothing to Local Communities
AEO corporate, store and distribution center associates supported their local communities through various charitable donations and food drive events.
- Between local food drives and other volunteer opportunities, AE and Aerie associates across the U.S. and Canada collectively donated 28,338 non-perishable food items to local food banks.
- Our Distribution Center associates in Ottawa, KS donated turkeys and hams for several organizations including the 2ndannual Ottawa Community Thanksgiving, Gardner Community Dinner and Pioneer Nursing Facilities. These donated food items went towards making meals for those in their community who might not otherwise have had a warm meal on Thanksgiving. Volunteers also distributed coats, gloves and hats donated by AEO associates to those in need.
- Across the company, associates from the DCs and the Corporate Offices signed up to fulfill wishes for teens in need. In a difficult year, with local non-profits struggling to meet demand, our associates stepped up and shopped for each holiday wish. We’re so grateful to be able to add a little holiday cheer to these teens’ lives.
AEO Associates Volunteer in Local Communities
Despite the difficulties COVID-19 has created for in-person volunteer events, some associates have still been able to safely volunteer in person.
- In November, the Canadian HR Team volunteered at the Mississauga Food Bank. While there, they sorted through more than 3,200 pounds of donated food! This was enough for 3,494 meals for those facing food insecurity in their community.
- Last month, a dozen AEO associates from the South Side office volunteered at the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, one of Feeding America’s 200 member agencies. The food bank estimated that our volunteer team issued approximately 60,000 pounds of food.
- The AEO Investor Relations and Corporate Communications team recently volunteered at the South Hills Interfaith Movement in Bethel Park PA, an organization that fight hunger and poverty and create a better life for members of the South Hills Community. The team packaged grocery items for distribution to families in need in six different districts in Pittsburgh’s South Hills.
Thank you to our associates and customers for your generosity and for helping AEO continue to Build a Better World.